Something New and Magical

I saw the movie Julie and Julia the other day and while watching the movie I thought to myself what could I do that would be a commitment similiar to what Julie choose to do. There was something about the daily doing of something that really appealed and spoke to me. It did not come to me that day but popped into my head while driving down the road several days later. It was plainer than the nose on my face, but sometimes things that should be so obvious to me just are not!


My commitment will be to paint 100 paintings in a year. I have always heard there is something magical about painting 100 paintings in a year, I don't quite know what the magic part is, but I'm excited to find out. The other magical part for me will be keeping the commitment, since I'm a bit of a commitment phobic, don't quite know why that is either but maybe this process will give some insight on that too. I'm excited and a little scared, scared of what ?not sure...




Comments

  1. Congratulations!! Love the blog and the photos and the stories. I'm more methodical about it. Love your personal approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!!!!!! I am so excited to watch your progess. You can so totally do it. (Here's a tip: do 2 a week!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie has done more for Blogger than any ad ever could! Good luck. You absolutely CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about being scared and excited. Isn't it great. I am glad you took the leap. I am a commitment phobic too, but believe me committing to the canvas will set you free. Before you know it you will past the 100 mark and will have lost count. I am enjoying your commentary as well as your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make painting 100 paintings a year sound like such a good idea. I wonder how this is going for you? I'm bouncing around your blog so I'll need to find out for myself, I'm hoping you blogged about it. You have inspired me to set a goal like this for myself.
    enjoying your blog this afternoon. . .
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joan, I have been thinking recently about updating how the 100 paintings is going and now with your nudge I think I will. thanks for the comments, amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts