Gourd-geous





11 x 14 Oil on Canvas

Have you figured out by now that I am focusing on Interior Landscapes or should they be called still-lifes. Not sure, and as my byline says A Look Inside-The Journey to find the creative in me, my subject matter is actually a look inside interiors. But anyhoo...my background is Interior Design. Back in the day I received a degree in Interior Design and part of the reason I chose to go into Interior Design was because I appreciated all different styles and shapes that interiors come in. By going into the field, I would have the opportunity to work with them all.  So now by painting them I get to play with them again with the added bonus that I can move on quicker to the next style. It is great fun and satisfying to mix two things I love. I love in the scene above how rustic cabin meets style. I guess I would  suffer through it if someone wanted to bequeath me with this comfy cabin in the woods. P.S. I think I will probably sneak some critter paintings in every now and then.

Comments

Popular Posts