A New Diet


Picture in Progress

Did you know that painting is the latest diet fad?  Me either, who knew?  Yep, I stepped on the scale today and I'm down 4.8 pounds (love those digital scales).  So for reasons unknown to me, I have this time of day that I am compelled to paint, 3:00 p.m. It really feels like an uncontrolable pull to paint, it comes from inside me some where.  I've tried painting at different times of day and it just doesn't work out as good.  So what does this have to do with weight loss you ask? Well... in the past when 3:00 would roll around I wanted to have a snack and my desire was not for carrots and celery sticks; it was for something surgary and carby, i.e. a cookie or piece of chocolate.  Now I'm painting and when I get in the zone, food does not come to mind, isn't that cool?   The above painting is a fun one, almost done, but not quite.

Comments

  1. Amy, Love your drawing. It s is really nice to to see the "in progress" work. I love it when people show these kinds of photos on the their blogs. Thanks fo rsharing. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, congratulations! And thanks for posting this work-in-progress - I liked seeing the sketch-in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts