Peeking Sophie


8 x 10 Oil on Canvas


I have heard other artist say they shy away from painting family members because it is hard not to  become to hyper sensitive to the painting. Worrying the end result will not capture the likeness of the family member, since you know them so well and see their faces everyday.  I took this picutre of my little sleeping muse who was in the chair next to me one day as I was writing a post for my blog.  She just looked so cute it was hard to resist.  So on I went and started my painting, I hated it, it didn't look like her. I now know what those artists were talking about. I put it away for several weeks until I worked up the munster to try to make it look like her.  I took another stab at it and am fairly happy with the result. You will see my little miniture model again, since they other day I caught her posing really cute again and just had to snap a picture. Ta ta till next time.

Comments

  1. Love the process you're going through. I don't paint and can barely draw, but I respect the creative process. Can't wait to see where this year takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is so beautiful. I really understand about not painting family 'members'. I rarely paint my cats, and can only seem to do it if I make it cartoony or abstract! You were right to go back into it, though. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts