Rocking Horse

18 x 14 oil on canvas

Do fish know they are swimming in water?  Have you ever stopped to think about what you are thinking the moment you wake up? Or how you feel? No, not the aches and pains, but what emotions you are having? 

 I realized my mind directly went to what I'm am going to do today and accomplish today. Then I dug deeper, for me there was this underlying pressure, if I don't accomplish something or a lot of somethings today, something bad will happen to me.....you know those unfounded fears like the sky will fall or the earth will stop spinning.  OK, I'm just kidding, the earth isn't going to stop spinning. But have you ever noticed that most fears really have no substance behind them?

So what's a fish to do?  I decided I didn't mind the creating the mental to do list, but instead of the something bad will happen outcome I changed it to something happy and joyous will happen. I find my new, happy thought is a much better way to start my day and motivate me throughout the entire day.  So what are you swimming in?

Comments

  1. Love this rocking horse and your entire blog/website. Hope you'll post on Art Buddies and show people what great things you are up to. Love the chair series!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this, Amy!

    I try to run my mental checklist as though it has all already happened at the end of the day and I can feel proud about all I accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,

    Thanks so much for the link. I love your blog and your voice.

    Ok, so I'm just going to wax on a bit for a mo! The chair is just charming and characterful and I so relate to the tirany of the to do list. I am a serial "took too much on" gal who is trying to learn how to use the word no occasionally.

    The shoes are fab too. I was really interested to see how you set up and the kind of lighting you use. Quite strong, I will try that out soon. So do you do a series of set ups and then work from the photos? That must really streamline things. Do you get the photos printed or do you print them at home. I never find that works well for me. In fact I alsways work from life unless it's chairs.

    Anyway, I'm rambling...

    keep up the good work and I look forward to keeping in touch

    Róisín

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts