The Book Mobile Fairies

24 x 30 oil on canvas
"Pipers Posing"


painting in progress

Last weekend I took a two day painting workshop called Painting Large at Austin Museum of Art.  I wanted to stretch myself since lately I've been painting pretty small pieces. The intention I had going into the weekend was: the class is for learning, check all judgements at the door.  Sounds good right?  Well try to tell my little gremlins that, ha! So instead of relaxing and being filled with excitement the voices started, you know the voices, right?  There is no need to go into  the rubbish that they were babbling about, is there?  But then I  thought about the book mobile.

When I was a little girl there was a mobile library that would be parked every Thursday near our home.  I would go home loaded up with books from the book mobile.  The stories I was always attracted to included fairies and brownies and all things magical.  I loved to immerse myself into the fantasies; my imagination would go wild.  (My Dad still tells me to this day I have an active imagination)(don't think he means it as a compliment, LOL)

Anyhoo, on the way to the Painting Large class I pretended in my mind I was really good at painting big paintings just like I pretended I was in the fairy tales.  I arrived with quite the positive attitude and the class went swimmingly.  I liked what I ended up with and finished the painting in one day.  What a difference a little imagination does for the Psychie.

Comments

  1. Love your message, Amy, so inspirational! Great painting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting!! It is one of my favorites of yours..it's loose, free, seems happy, and BIG!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts