Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pay it Forward


Bows on the Open Toes © 2011 Amy Hillenbrand
  12 x 12 Oil on Canvas
$305.00 + shipping
It is amazing the affect a kind word can have on another person. I was at a little backyard cookout this past Saturday night. (Okay, I say backyard, but to be honest, a lot of the time I was indoor because it still 97 blasting degrees at 10 o'clock at night! Gotta love Texas) Okay, back to the point.  As I was leaving, a friend I had not seen in awhile, said the nicest thing to me. She said I love looking at your blog it is so inspirational. I said thank you and gave her a hug. As I drove home I allowed her words to sink in even more.( How often do you not allow a compliment to really sink in?) I was now doing a little happy dance in my head and the next day I had a little extra pep to my step. Thank you Emily.
Be open and receive and then pay it forward, make someone's day with a kind word or deed. Pretty soon we will all be doing the happy dance.



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post and totally agree. Fun painting and the format is perfect against all the bows and curves with the shoes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And these are the shoes to DO that happy dance in! YES you are inspirational! You are talented and smart, with a warm yet fun personality!! AND you go for what you want.

    97 degrees at 10 p.m. There ought to be a law against that.... How did people LIVE before a/c????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely again. Party girl shoes. Thanks for the reminder about giving and receiving compliments! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I will say it again, your blog is always so inspirational. It is so true! Love both your gorgeous art, and your uplifting messages!

    ReplyDelete