How Do you Know What to Paint

Zinnia for One © 2012 Amy Hillenbrand
8 x 10 oil on board
$170.00

Yes, this is Amy Hillenbrand's Art Blog. No, you didn't stumble on someone else's blog. No, this isn't a shoe painting, nor is it a critter.  I thought I would give a different subject matter a chance.  After painting quite a bit of shoes of the last couple years, I really had to scratch my brain hard for the next idea.  There are infinite possibilities of what to paint. So why is it so hard to think of something. I know I'm not the only artist that struggles with this, right? It was just crazy. I really drew a blank. So I asked myself what do I love, what things bring me joy.  One of my all time favorite things to do is go to the greenhouse in the spring to pick out the flowers to plant in my yard. I totally lose all track of time, I feel as though I'm in heaven.  Flowers it is. I'm going to give them a whirl and see what happens. So, if you are an artist out there reading this and you want a new subject- follow your heart and paint the things you love.









Comments

  1. It may not be your usual subject, but it's got your handprints all over it! I love the simplicity and the space around the subject. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts