How to Blast Past Your Creative Block, Remedy #2


Vinca Take Out © 2012 Amy Hillenbrand
8 x 10 oil on board
$170.00

This is a second in a series of posts dealing with painter's block or what I like to call 'stuckness'. This dreaded stickiness can be so debilitating, so zapping of the creative juices. But alas, there is hope. You CAN get unstuck.  Oh, this is a fun one! No, really it is.  Another added bonus; it's not hard and it doesn't take a lot of time.

Remedy #2 is: Dance Like No One's Watching, literally.  Yep, you're going to dance and not worry cause no one is watching. Well, unless you want to give the neighbors a show- oh I think that is a different post.  Anyway, get out your favorite music- this is important- it has to be your favorite music. My husband would laugh at my music, so I'm not sharing.  Crank it up and just move. Like the last exercise I gave you -no filtering, no thinking, just moving and doing. Make it a long song or two or three. Let the music move your limbs and hips, let it take you over. You know your done when your heart feels open and you feel joyful. Now go do whatever you have been procrastinating about.  Love to hear your results or some of your music choices, please post in the comments. You never know it might be the perfect story for someone else to hear to help them get un-stuck.







Comments

  1. This is one of my favorite paintings of yours!!! Love it! Also, I do the happy dance all the time. Sometimes I crank up my music in my studio and jump around in a happy craze. Other times, the music is in my head and I do a happy dance on my deck. Always puts me in my "vortex!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts