Sweet Adora


Sweet Adora © 2013 Amy Hillenbrand
8 x 10 oil on board



Meet Adora, hence, the name Sweet Adora.  Painting a portrait is a big departure from what I normally work on, but. . .  one day I got a very sweet email from Hanan, the father of Adora, asking me if I wanted to be part of his big art project. It didn't start out as a big art project but just two loving parents getting a portrait done at an art fair by a cartoonist. Then they got another piece of Adora and then another and 3 years later they have over 530 original pieces of art of their daughter from artist from literally all over the world. As Hanan put it, it has taken over his life just as sweet little Adora has.  You can click here to see these endless pieces of art.  It is really neat to see all the unique styles and interpretations of the wee one.  It was a real challenge to do a portrait, I may do some again one day, who knows.


Comments

  1. very nice portrait and a great project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat project to be a part of Amy. Fabulous work. What a sweet child you captured in paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job!! She is precious and you certainly captured it. Yes, do more. You are so good at it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, You excel at portraits! Wow! I love this, and what an interesting project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of artwork going on there. Nice portrait of her. What's she eating?

    ~Randall

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Randall, I think it is a piece of watermelon. I couldn't get my red just right on that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never saw this!!! She's lovely! You should do more people... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts