Blooming Teacup

Blooming Teacup © 2013 Amy Hillenbrand

12 x 12 oil on board
$330.00

I just love this little teacup; it belonged to my sweet Auntie Myrtle.  She lived in a cute little blue house in Moorhead, Minnesota on a quiet tree lined street. On her travels, she collected pretty teacups and displayed them on her hutch in the kitchen.  I so wish I had more of them to paint. The little cup now sits in my kitchen. I'm hoping that makes my Auntie smile from above. Inside the cup are some of my favorite flowers; the simple little pansy.  As the weather here in Austin is so mild, I plant them on my deck in pots over the winter. It is now in the 90's and the poor little pansy's are wilting.  It is time to pull them up and plant something that will stand the hot dry summer of Texas.  I just can't seem to do it though, it feels like I'm taking their lives.  So I picked them from my containers and staring painting them.  










Comments

  1. Amy, Beautiful work, and beautiful story! I love this all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Such a beautiful painting, and even more so because of your heartfelt energies and your light filled story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely painting Amy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts