My First Day

So I am pretty excited about doing my paintings, which is a switch for me, because even though I love to paint I don't. Weird, I know... I thought it was something like having writers block but it is more like I'm saving my the dessert until after I've eaten my dinner or when I was little saving the new dress to wear to church on Sunday.  So anyway it's my first day and I have a painting started, but it takes me several days to finish a painting so I decided to paint over all my unloved paintings, the ones that sit in the corner that are so bad that make me feel bad. 

This was, oh, so liberting! It is akin to when you clean out your closet and get rid of all those clothes that are too small and reminds you that you are no longer that small and then you just feel bad about yourself. Anyway it felt so good and didn't take as long as I kept imagining.  Funny how those things work.

My little kitty Sophie always has to help with everything I do, so today she wanted to help paint over the ole' duds.  My deck now has permanent white Sophie paws

Comments

Popular Posts