Ralph


9 x 12 Oil on Canvas

I recently attended a big conference and one of the really successful presentors told a story of her recent book triumph.  The success of her book was extremely satisfying to her because when she was young she was told she had absolutely no talent for writing and had shied away from it ever since. I can so relate!  I had a similar experience when I was in 7th grade and Mr. Saeger (See, I still vividly remember him) had turned my writing assignment blood red with his vicious red pen and brutal criticism of my prose.  I was deeply scarred....obviously for more decades than I want to admit.  But more recently, people have shared that they are enjoying reading my blog along with viewing my paintings.  Thank you to all that have shared their opinions with me, I really appreciate it. Maybe now I can put Mr. Saeger and his red pen in my mind's recyle bin and hit delete.

Comments

  1. I hope Mr. Saeger felt BETTER after crushing your spirit! I, for one, really enjoy your writing. It's from your heart and fun as well! Let's bury Mr. Saeger (in effigy). And set you free. Wonderful painting. And, yes, I had a guidance counselor who told me that my near-perfect score in Spatial Relations aptitude was 'worthless', and would only get me a job at the supermarket folding up their boxes. I guess she'd never heard of ... ART!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautifully painted and so moving as well. Love it!! How much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting is great! And, I noticed there aren't any reds, or warm colors in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! I really enjoy reading your blog. Your stories are always fascinating and very well written. I have to disagree with Mr.
    Saeger. He was wrong. Your writing style is very personal, ands easy to relate to! I love the painting of Ralph! He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMY - I just reviewed your progress with project and CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are really doing and the paintings are gorgeous! YAY for you! XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts