Where does Strength Come From?

Cool Dude Shoes  © 2011 Amy Hillenbrand
8 x 8  oil on board
 $135.00 + shipping and handling 
"A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is the journey where she will become strong."
Wow this makes you think, doesn't it?  This message popped up on Facebook yesterday and I can't get it out of my mind. It was posted by the mixed media artist Terry Parvan.  
By the way; about a year ago a man sent me an email asking why I never painted men's shoes, couldn't get that out of my mind either. So here is my first pair of men's shoes. Don't want anyone to feel left out. Oh, and the above quote can be applied to men to, don't want to leave you out on that either.





Comments

  1. That quote sure got me thinking! So glad that you're thinking about those men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have been me that made that comment not at all sure. I love the painting but they are not the kind of shoes I wear so I did not at first identify them as male shoes but whatever they are well captured. Would you like a pic of my brand new trainers ( running shoes) before i get them covered in mud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LIKE that quote! And you and I were both thinking of strength with our posts of this day. Men's shoes are cool. I think you can paint just about anything well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quote and painting! Kelley is right, you can probably paint anything very well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, I loved getting to see your paintings in person on Sunday. They are lovely via the web, but in person, they just POP!

    Keep flying,
    Rae Payne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quote is really good but as I consume it to my brain it makes me confused.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts