Day 27 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

In the Pink © 2013 Amy Hillenbrand
10 x 8 Oil on board
$170.00


About the Painting
Well, the Snap Dragons are back. I think part of the reason I fell in love with these at the store is the wonderful association these flowers have for me.  I can still remember when my Mom told me their magical name - the Snap Dragon.  As a girl I had a very active imagination filled with fairies and brownies. So when I heard the name Snap Dragon, I immediately saw a magical dragon come alive in the pretty little flower.  And then, when my Mom showed me how if you pinched the flowers it looked like they were opening their mouths.  Great name, great memory, but I have to admit today as I was painting the flowers I really wondered why I choose such a challenging flower to paint. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.  No, I am glutton free!











Comments

Popular Posts