Do You Believe in Angels?

Painting of a Peony, large purple floral painting by Amy Hillenbrand

©Amy Hillenbrand

"Royal Value" 48 x 36 oil on canvas with painted gallery edge

   contemporary flower painting by Amy Hillenbrand - available
 
 Do you believe in Angels? 😇

It was a Sunday night, it was dark and it was raining cats and dogs. I had a two hour drive ahead of me. The Interstate was packed so I decided to take the back country roads.

I came upon a curve in the road my car spun out of control. My tires were hydroplaning in the water. The car spun several times and went bumpity bump, through the ditch and flew into a farmers field soaked with the rain.  I was terrified and was shaking like a leaf. I got out of the car and thought about what I'm going to do. How will I get my car over that big ditch? I sent up a quick prayer “God help me”. This was years before cell phones existed. I hadn’t seen a single car on that road for the last hour, which thankfully was the case when my car went out of control.

I had only been out of my car for a couple of minutes when I saw a car coming. It stopped and an older man and older woman stepped out and didn’t say a word. They pushed my car backed onto the road and miraculously everything still worked. I was amazed at their ability to get my car through that 8 foot ditch, which had a 18” of water in it. They never spoke. After I finished testing to see if the car was all right, I turned around to thank them one more t
ime. They were gone. I never heard them crunching on the gravel; I never heard their car engine start. They were just gone. I knew I just witnessed my first Angel encounter.

Not all guidance and help comes in such a demonstrative way. Most of the time we have to get quiet and still to hear it.

Painting artwork that creates that peaceful, blissful place where you can get quiet and “hear”, brings such meaning to why I do what I do.

Have you ever had an Angel encounter? Inquiring minds want to know ☺️, share all the deats in the comments.





 


 


IMAGE OF AMY HILLENBRAND

A HAPPY ARTIST LIVING IN THE HILL COUNTRY OF TEXAS
 join my collector's list and get early access to my newest releases and all the scoop on special offers 

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts